The 3rd Annual E.H.C. Hockey Business Forum will be in Berlin on the last weekend of September. On 29 September, the DEL's Eisbären Berlin will host the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks at Mercedes Benz Arena. The next day, at nearby Mercedes Platz, the Hockey Business Forum will commence.
First, see the game between the clubs who have won six league championships each, with Chicago being the only NHL club which has three Stanley Cup titles in this decade: 2010, 2013 and 2015.
The “Original Six” Chicago Blackhawks feature Triple Gold Club member Jonathan Toews, Olympic gold medallists Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook, Hart Trophy winner Patrick Kane and a star-studded roster that includes five Swedes, two Czechs and a Finn.
Die Eisbären also have an international roster with several North American players including Canadian Olympic bronze medallist Maxim Lapierre, and a couple of German Olympic silver medallists: Frank Hördler and Marcel Noebels.
We have rooms reserved at a hotel just next door to the hockey arena at the Mercedes Platz. All three venues – the hotel, the game and the E.H.C. Hockey Business Forum – will be within 200 metres’ distance around the Mercedes Platz.
It will be a fantastic weekend in the German capital with the Berlin Marathon on Sunday and the following week the 30 Year Anniversary Commemoration of the fall of the Berlin Wall begins. Join us for two eventful and historic days.
2019 E.H.C. HOCKEY BUSINESS FORUM, Berlin City East Side Gallery
|13:30 - 16:30||Lunch||
Loretta Restaurant at Mercedes Platz – presented by VÖLKEL
|15:00 - 17:00||Check-in||Hampton By Hilton or Holiday Inn City East Side Gallery|
|17:00 - 18:00||Ticket pickup||Holiday Inn City East Side Gallery|
|19:30 - 22:30||Hockey||Eisbären Berlin vs. Chicago Blackhawks, Mercedes Benz Arena|
|22:15 - 01:00||Post-game||Mingle & drinks, Grad260 Rooftop Bar, Mercedes Platz – presented by STATHLETES|
|09:15 - 10:00||Registration||UCI Luxe, Mercedes Platz|
|10:00 - 12:30||E.H.C. Hockey Business Forum||UCI Luxe, Mercedes Platz|
|12:30 - 13:00||Coffee break||Networking & Trade Show|
|13:00 - 15:30||E.H.C. Hockey Business Forum||UCI Luxe, Mercedes Platz|
|15:30 - 16:30||Buffet dinner||Networking & Trade Show|
- Luc Robitaille / Peter Lee – LA Kings & Eisbären Berlin business model
- Roger Rönnberg (Frölunda) – The art of picking the right coach
- Bill Daly (NHL) – How the salary cap healed a broken system
- Mika Sulin – Club’s own stadium – a reality, not a dream
- Fadi Naoum (SAP) – The perfect trip; Fan engagement & revenue growth
- Ed Scott (Euroleague) – Road to basketball’s Euro success; what can hockey learn?
- Sergei Dobrokhvalov (KHL) – KHL goes high-tech with automized data collection
- Tom Huston – Hockey’s best financial proposition in 40 years
- Patrik Egervall – Unique helmet technology to reduce concussions
- Christoph Heimes (IX.co) – Roadmap to digital leadership & monetization